If you are looking for a colorful, savory, veggie-rich raw vegan recipe, here you go! With veggies, you get a variety of nutrients, color, and flavor. This recipe is totally raw vegan and makes 2 servings. The measurements for the dressing will make more than you need for this dish, due to minimum amounts needed for smooth blending. Store the extra dressing in the fridge and use to garnish soups or use as a dressing for salads. Enjoy!
- 1 medium zucchini (ends chopped off)
- 1 medium to large golden beet (top chopped off)
- 1/4 cup shredded burdock root (peeled)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup diced or sliced thin onion
- 1 – 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp goji berries
- black pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews, soak 2 – 4 hours
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Soak cashews in water for 2 – 4 hours. Rinse and strain off the water.
- In a mixing bowl, mix broccoli, cauliflower, onion, burdock root and olive oil. Set to the side OR put in the dehydrator at 115 degrees for one hour for a more cooked flavor and mouthfeel.
- Make the dressing by blending all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Using a spiral slicer, make noodles with the zucchini and golden beet.
- Assemble plates by placing the noodles, then add the broccoli mixture, drizzle on the dressing, then garnish with goji berries and black pepper.
Benefits of main ingredients:
Broccoli has anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification properties. It can also benefit your heart, bones, cholesterol levels, and alkalizes the body. (1)
Cauliflower contains a sulfur compound with cancer-fighting properties as well as benefits to the heart and even kidney function! In addition to its many vitamins and minerals, it also has an anti-inflammatory effect, supports brain health and detoxification.
Goji berries are a complete protein! They also have a good dose of vitamin C, 21 trace minerals, iron, and fiber. Goji berries have been used for longevity, can boost the immune system and have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. (3)
Sources for this article include: