I love breakfast! It is by far my favorite meal, especially on the weekends! This is a weekend favorite in my house! It’s loaded with protein, gluten-free, packed full of veggies and has tons of flavor. Best of all, it takes 20 minutes to make! The veggie scramble is great on it’s own or in a corn tortilla shell.
- 1 15.2 ounce package of organic/non GMO sprouted tofu
- 1 small shallot
- 1 cup of favorite mushroom diced
- 2 Tbs avocado oil
- 1/2 almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1/4 turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (fresh)
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach (fresh)
- Crumble tofu to ‘scrambled egg’ style pieces.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté tofu, mushroom and shallot in oil until tofu is lightly brown (about 5 minutes)
- Mix chickpea flour, milk and seasonings together in a separate bowl.
- Pour chickpea flour mix over tofu.
- Add chopped pepper and zucchini and cook until al dente.
- Add tomatoes and spinach last and cook until spinach wilts (1 minute).
The Health Benefits of This Recipe Include:
Tofu contains a long list of phytonutrients that can be used by the body to boost immunity. Tofu is high in folate, Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Fiber. There is a lot of controversy about eating tofu. I recommend enjoying it upon occasion. (1)
Nutritional yeast is not only a way to add flavor to your favorite vegan food, it’s also a source of protein, with one ounce having 14 grams of protein. Nutritional yeast is loaded in B-Complex Vitamins that the body needs to red cell production.(2)
Sources for this article include: