This fruity salad is a little sweet and a little savory, bursting with color and nutrition. It’s perfectly refreshing and energizing for the warmer months, when fresh fruit is in season and you’re craving lighter fare. Easy to digest and full of flavor, you can share this salad with loved ones, bring it to a pot luck or keep it all to yourself!
- 8 cups fresh greens of your choice, chopped (I recommend romaine)
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- spicy pepper, to taste (optional)
- Prepare salad ingredients and layer in order listed in large salad bowl.
- Make dressing by blending all dressing ingredients in high speed blender until smooth.
- Dish up your salad, add dressing and enjoy!
Benefits of the main ingredients
The mango in this recipe contains a hefty dose of vitamin A which helps skin and vision, vitamin C which is great for your immune system, good fiber for good digestion, and potassium for heart health! (2)
Basil is a potent addition to this recipe, as it also has vitamin C, vitamin A and positive effects on digestion. Also found in basil is vitamin K which effects bone health. You also benefit from minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium. (1)
Like basil, strawberries also contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium. There’s also plenty of antioxidant power, which means less inflammation in your body! Like mangoes, eating strawberries promote healthy vision and skin. (4)
Zucchini contains significant amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and more. The high water content of zucchini also make them low calorie yet nutritious and filling! (5)
Romaine (and most other lettuces) supplies you with vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A! It’s also very alkalizing and low calorie. (3)
Sources for this article include:
Ingredients / Grocery List:
Instructions / Directions / Method:
Alternatives / Replacements: