Lo mein has always been one of my comfort foods, it’s one of the few things on the menu that is usually vegan. One day when I was feeling a little under the weather and in need of comfort I came up with this raw alternative. The ginger gives it a nice kick that really clears out the sinuses.
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1/2 head broccoli- florets only
- 2 small-medium carrots
- 2 handfuls of snow peas
- 1/4 cup sweet onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 thumb of shredded ginger
- 1 glove of garlic- crushed
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup raw coconut aminos
- 3 tbs water
- Trim ends off zucchini and cut into noodles using a spiral slicer. Rinse well, soak in warm water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Chop broccoli florets and snow peas into small bite sized pieces, dice onions and shred carrots. Toss broccoli, peas, onions and carrots together in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a blender combine ginger, garlic, diced zucchini, coconut aminos and water. Pulse a few times, blend well until sauce is smooth. Additional water can be added as needed to thin sauce.
- Add zucchini noodles to vegetable mixture and toss until combined.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and noodles, making sure everything is well coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds after serving.