I am a huge fan of pasta, so I’m really excited to share this recipe. Not only does this creamy pasta alfredo taste totally yummy and satisfying, the major bonus here is you don’t feel weighed down after you eat this. Instead, you feel full, but refreshed and uplifted.
How often can you say that after eating a huge bowl of conventional pasta? I didn’t think so 🙂 So, because of that, this will be a slightly different experience, and it’s worth it. The bed of greens on the bottom is a great addition and it really balances out the garlicky sauce.
The only tools you need to make this are a vegetable peeler and a blender, and you’re all good to go! It’s super quick and easy to make. I like to make a ton of this (double the recipe if need be) and make sure I bring leftovers to work. Everyone comments how great this smells (and I don’t even heat it up!) Also, meals like this really helps to avoid the drag feeling after lunch hour.
So get yourself ready. It will only take you about 10 minutes to make!
- 3/4 cup soaked (3-4 hours) and drained raw cashews
- 2 T lemon Juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/2 t onion powder
- dash of white pepper
- 1 t olive oil
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 T tahini
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of water
- 6 organic zucchini peeled with a vegetable peeler in long strips to make fettuccine style noodles
- cherry tomato halves to garnish
- 2 cups of fresh organic spinach
- sprinkle of black pepper to garnish
- Peel your zucchinis with a vegetable peeler to make long strips like fettuccine. You start from one end and peel all the way down to the other end in one long stroke.
- Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, nutritional yeast, salt, white pepper, nutmeg, tahini, and olive oil in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. If you need to, add a little more water to blend.
- In a separate bowl, pour sauce over zucchini noodles and fully incorporate. Let the sauce marinate on the noodles for 15 minutes before serving.
- Make a bed of fresh spinach leaves on each plate.
- Layer the pasta on top of the bed of spinach.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and black pepper.
- For a warm dish, place plate in dehydrator for 30 minutes at 130 degrees.
Nutritional benefits of the ingredients:
Zucchinis are loaded with vitamin C, manganese, luetin, and zeaxanthin. Vitamin C assists in strengthening the nerve communication and blood vessels. Manganese is helpful in building collegan and healthy bone tissue. Zeaxathin and luetin provides protection for your eyes. (1)
Garlic is a major powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and active components. Garlic contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin c, selenium, and fiber. (2) Raw garlic has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Garlic is also great for cancer prevention and cardiovascular health (3).
Thank you Jody Rodent for the recipe inspiration of this meal. I changed and added some things to suit my taste buds, but her recipe is what got me to give this a shot.
Ingredients / Grocery List:
Instructions / Directions / Method:
Alternatives / Replacements:
Inspired by: mylivingnutrition.com