The Raw Food World NEWS Recipe Section has a handful of vegan and raw vegan ice cream recipes archived. Here’s another one to add to the list. This Raw Vegan Berry Ice Cream is delightful! I used Frozen Bananas, Almond Milk, Frozen Strawberries, and Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter from Jem Organics. You can change it up and use whatever nut butter you wish. Feel free to try other non-dairy milks in place of Almond Milk, too! Add a different berry or a combination of berries as another way to bring your own twist. Another idea is to make a raw vegan crust and use this recipe as the top layer of an ice cream cake or pie! YUM!
Are you in the process of trying to kick the habit of smoking? Bananas may help with withdrawals! (1) Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins, potassium, and magnesium that may speed recovery from the effects of withdrawals from smoking. (1)
- 4 Frozen Bananas
- 5 T Almond Milk
- 1 C Frozen Strawberries
- 4 T Nut Butter of your choice
- Put Frozen Bananas, Almond Milk, and Nut Butter into a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a deep bowl.
- Separately put the Strawberries in a food processor or blender and pulse.
- Pour Strawberry mixture into the banana/nut butter mixture and gently swirl or mix around so that there are still fruity chunks visible.
- Put bowl into freezer for 30 to 60 minutes, checking, and gently stirring.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
Ingredients / Grocery List:
Instructions / Directions / Method:
Alternatives / Replacements:
Sources for this article include: