If you are trying to cut out gluten, dairy and processed sugars from your diet, and totally miss your morning donut, I am happy to announce this delicious donut recipe to you.
The texture and flavor is absolute perfection for any donut lover! These donuts freeze and thaw well for mass production in your spare time allowing convenient and healthy breakfast options.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Donuts - Gluten/Dairy-Free
Yield: 10 to 12 donuts | Prep: | Process/Cook: | Ready In:
A delicious breakfast or treat that is dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free! This is a perfect solution for the Paleo lifestyle.
Ingredients / Grocery List:
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut oil , slightly melted
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 6 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 ripe bananas, diced
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
Instructions / Directions / Method:
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients (except diced bananas and dark chocolate chips) and mix well. There will be some lumps but that is okay...they will melt as the donuts bake.
- Next, gently fold the diced bananas and dark chocolate chips into the batter.
- Grease a donut pan generously with coconut oil and pour batter into the donut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10-12 minutes. Check for doneness by poking with a toothpick...they are fully cooked when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let set in donut pan for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
Health benefits of coconut flour
Are you new to coconut flour? It works a bit different than regular flour in that a smaller quantity is needed when you are attempting to substitute coconut flour for regular flour in your favorite recipes.
People are raving about coconut flour especially with all the Paleo love these days. Coconut flour is rich in protein, fiber and fat which makes it very filling. In addition, coconut flour is a source of lauric acid (a good saturated fat) which is linked to immune system and thyroid support. (1)
Sources for this article include:
Image source: bitesizewellness.com
Inspired by: bitesizewellness.com